Sunday, May 11, 2014

My motherhood journey




Have u felt like a lousy mum? I have... As much as I strive to be the best that I can be, there are times I just felt my best is not good enough. In fact, I was just sobbing the night before mother's day! A day supposed to be celebrated. I felt tremendous guilt for failing my 'job' as a mother. A name that sometimes still 'shocked' me. I have lost my cool so many times especially this year. I literally hear my own yelling almost everyday! And for a mum whose child never really put on weight since day 1, that stress and burden weigh me down subtly these years. I felt like I'm swimming against a current. 

Every mum has her unique set of struggles, and her very own weaknesses to overcome. Yet being a mum is still the best thing that happened to me. I learn to let go worldly expectations, my own critical assessments and remind myself to run at my own pace. It is easier said than done. I'm still improving in this area. I may not be the fastest, the 'coolest', the wealthiest, the smartest, the BEST, but I am enjoying the process, and finishing this race with joy, confidence and style!!! I need to focus what I really want my kids to be; to know our Father intimately and all things will fall in nicely...... 

No comments: